To better assist you, our community, we have listed some frequently asked questions. If you have any additional questions that we have not answered here, please feel free to contact the District office at (916) 988-4373 or by email.
The District Office is open Monday – Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm.*
*STARTING MARCH 6th: District Office hours will be changing to Monday - Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm
The District Office is closed on the following Holidays: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
All parks open from dawn until dusk, 7 days a week.
The District allows bounce houses at OVparks facilities with a facility rental and permit. The bounce houses can only be set up in designated areas of the park. The District requires that the renter supply an original copy of the Bounce House Company’s Liability Insurance naming the Orangevale Recreation & Park District as additionally insured for $1,000,000 for the day of the event. Documentation of insurance must be on file at the District Office 30 days prior to the event. The District can provide a list of the bounce house companies whose insurance is currently on file.
No overnight camping is allowed in the parks.
All District restroom facilities are open during operating hours. Please refer to our park amenities for available public restrooms for use.
Yes. Picnic areas will have signage posted when reserved.
No charcoal or propane BBQs are to be brought in by the public. See “Fire Restrictions in Parks Policy,” on District Forms & Documents Page.
Alcohol is not permitted, however, an alcohol permit can be obtained for a rental and must be applied and paid for in advance. NO glass bottles are allowed in any park or at the pool.
The County of Sacramento requires all dogs to be on a leash when in public. Dogs are allowed off-leash only within the Pecan Dog Park.
OVparks Community Center Pool does not permit animals within the grounds.
To be added to the mailing list for the activity guide, call the District Office at (916) 988-4373, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are five (5) ways to register:
- Online on our registration page.
- Visit the District Office at 6826 Hazel Ave, Orangevale, CA 95662.
- Call the District Office at (916) 988-4373 during regular business hours.
- Mail a completed registration form and fees (check or credit card – no cash) to 6826 Hazel Ave, Orangevale, CA 95662.
- After Hours Drop Box (located adjacent to entry doors at the District Office) with completed registration form and fees – no cash.
- Fax-in to (916) 988-3496 with a completed registration form and a credit card number.
Scholarships are available for District residents who are on a fixed income or for lower income families. Please see our Scholarship Application & Guidelines for further details or contact the District Office.
The District’s Refund Policy is as follows:
- Full refund will be given if OVparks cancels the program.
- Full refunds, minus a $2 administrative system fee, will be given to cancellations received fourteen (14) days prior to the start of the program, EXCEPT for trips, kayaking AND when otherwise noted on your program receipt.
- An additional $8 service charge is applied to all program refunds requested less than fourteen (14) days prior to the start of the program.
- No refunds are granted once the program has started.
- Trip refund requests must be made prior to each trip’s registration/refund deadline.
- All refund checks will be processed through the County of Sacramento and mailed within 4-6 weeks.
- A $25 service charge is applied on all returned checks.
- Refund credit is not given for uniforms, T-shirts, or other supplies that have already been given to the program participant or specifically ordered for him/her.
- OVparks reserves the right to adjust the policy.
OVparks accepts Cash (not by mail or drop box), Check, Money Order, Visa, or MasterCard.
Check payments require Driver’s License number and phone number written on the front of the check.
OVparks has no oversight with respect to wild animals.
- For information regarding wildlife, contact:
- Sacramento County Animal Care and Regulations at (916) 875-5656
For a non-emergency situation call Sacramento County Connect 311. If there is an emergency, please contact the Sheriff’s Department by calling 911.
Please call OVparks Park Maintenance at (916) 987-1507 or send an email to email@example.com
No solicitation, vending, advertising, or signposting is allowed in the parks, unless approved by the District Office. Please submit all posting requests to OVparks District Office, 6826 Hazel Ave., Orangevale CA. 95662 at least 5 business days in advance.
Attaching any objects, including but not limited to, hammocks, ropes, slacklines, clotheslines, flags, or banners to trees, poles, or structures is prohibited.