It is the policy of Orangevale Recreation & Park District (OVparks) to respect and protect the privacy of our clients and the users of www.ovparks.com (hereinafter, the “Site”). Through this Privacy Statement, we want to reassure users of the Site that we will not sell, share, or rent user information to others in a manner different than as set forth in this Internet Privacy Statement.
- We do not collect personal information about you when you visit our website unless you choose to provide that information to us.
- We collect limited non-personally identifying information your browser makes available automatically whenever you visit a website. This information includes the Internet Address of your computer or network, the date, time, and page you visited on our site, your browser and operating system, and the referring page (the last webpage you visited before clicking on a link to our site).
- We use the aggregated information from all of our visitors to measure server performance, analyze user traffic patterns and improve the content of our site.
- We sometimes track the keywords that are entered into our search engine to measure interest in specific topics, but we do not track which terms a particular user enters.
- Some of our online services require you to register for an account. We ask you for some personal information in order to create an account (typically your name, email address and a password for your account) and we will use that information to provide the service. For certain services, such as our online registration for OVparks’ programs and services, we may request credit card or other payment information which may be stored temporarily in encrypted form on secure servers.
Additionally, OVparks’ portal uses software programs for the purpose of monitoring network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations and the security purposes mentioned elsewhere in this notice, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
“Personal information” is information about an individual that is readily identifiable to that specific individual. Personal information includes personal identifiers such as an individual’s name, address, and phone number. A domain name or IP address is not considered personal information. OVparks strives to collect the minimum information necessary to comply with applicable law or provide the requested service. OVparks does not sell, rent or otherwise distribute visitor’s information, including electronic mail addresses, to any outside company or organization, unless legally required to do so. This applies to information that may be collected on OVparks’ site and on that of any third party with whom OVparks contracts to provide Internet related services. If you choose to participate in a survey, send an email, or perform other transactions using this portal, the following additional information may be collected:
- Your email address, and contents of emails sent through the portal – for purposes of providing you with a response.
- Information volunteered in response to a survey or through online forms – for purposes identified by the survey or online form.
- Information volunteered by participating in an online transaction with OVparks – for purposes of completing the transaction only.
The information collected may not be limited to text characters and may include audio, video, and graphic information formats you send us. The information is retained in accordance with OVparks’ policies. We may use your email to respond appropriately. This may be to respond to you, to address issues you identify, to further improve our web site, or to forward the email to another agency for appropriate action. Survey information would be used for the purpose designated.
Notice To District
Communications made through the OVparks Site shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal or official notice to OVparks, its agencies, officers, employees, representatives, or agents with respect to any existing, pending, or future claim or cause of action against OVparks or any of its agencies, officers, employees, representatives, or agents where notice is required by federal, state, or local law. No communication to OVparks made through this Site shall be deemed to constitute legal or official notice for any purpose.
External Internet Sites
Our site also contains links to external Internet sites which may be operated by an external party and they may have privacy practices that differ from those here at OVparks.com. When you click on links that take you to such external sites, you will be subject to their privacy policies, and we encourage you to become familiar with that party’s privacy policies as these may differ from those utilized on our Site. Please note that this privacy statement applies solely to information collected by OVparks on our site, and while we strongly support the protection of privacy on the Internet, we cannot be responsible for the privacy practices of other Websites, uses of the information collected by other Websites, or the content of those other Websites.
- If you wish to access information, OVparks may use a session-only cookie to reserve storage on your computer in order to pass your inquiry information to a follow-on page for the purposes of retrieving requested information. The session-only cookies are erased either during web browser operation or after your web browser is shut down.
Agencies requesting or providing personally identifiable health care information of this portal are required to certify that its health care data handling and security procedures are compliant with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”). If such data and security services are provided to such agency by a third-party provider, the agency shall be responsible for such third party’s compliance with HIPAA.
By using our Site, the user agrees to the terms and conditions set forth in this Internet Privacy Statement and the Site Conditions of Use INCLUDING ALL LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES PROVISIONS which are an integral part hereof and the user consents to the collection and use of this information by OVparks as disclosed in this Internet Privacy Statement. We may revise this Internet Privacy Statement or the Site Conditions of Use at any time by updating these postings. By using this Site you agree to be bound by any such revisions in effect at the time of use and should therefore periodically visit this page and the Site Conditions of Use page to determine the then current policies applicable to users of the Site.
If you change your mind and decide you do not wish to receive informational or promotional material in the future, or if you wish to correct or update any contact information you previously provided, please let us know at (916) 988-4373.